Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oooo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ICT Department forum! New members should read RULES AND GUIDELINES before posting.
PARA SA MGA MEMBERS NA ONLINE NGAYON . . . . MAGSIPAG LOG-IN KAYO SA CHATBOX!!!!! hahahaha
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 29 on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 20:24
WELCOME PO SA INYO
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Comput11
Latest topics
» HHEELPPP
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 22:17 by khing

» take home exam
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 22:12 by khing

» new
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun 2013 - 11:02 by vhoon

» VISUAL BASIC 6.0 Portable Download
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2013 - 12:04 by snapshaq1823

» cnu meron na project sa discrete?
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012 - 16:03 by iunacoh

» love kowtz
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011 - 4:04 by MalinawnaUsapan

» ^_^kowtx
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011 - 11:47 by ♥ baboilett :)

» trivia of the day
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011 - 17:28 by Guest

» ANG TNGA KO SAYO ...
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 18:26 by MalinawnaUsapan

Top posters
-_-___ExODuZ--13`
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Vote_lcapTHE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Fireli11THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Vote_rcap 
christianne
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Vote_lcapTHE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Fireli11THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Vote_rcap 
MalinawnaUsapan
aldrinx
Admin
khrizel
JR
BiglaangLakad
kamoteh13
beelzebub666
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Birthday booth
pls PM any of the administrators if you know someone who is celebrating their birthday ^_^
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Birthday-2-3
THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Thn030
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ICT Dept. of CDSGA on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of 00000 on your social bookmarking website

THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BiglaangLakad
admin
admin
BiglaangLakad

THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Empty
PostSubject: THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS   THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar 2010 - 13:26

There ain't no love
in this little bug!

If you receive email with a subject line with the phrase ILOVEYOU (all one word, no spaces) in it… DON'T OPEN the attachment named Love-Letter-For-You.txt.vbs.

Over a five-hour period, during May 4, 2000, this virus spread across Asia, Europe and the United States via e-mail messages titled "ILOVEYOU." The menace clogged Web servers, overwrote personal files and caused corporate IT managers to shut down e-mail systems.

A scan of the Visual Basic code included in the attachment reveals that the virus may be corrupting MP3 and JPEG files on users' hard drives, as well as mIRC, a version of Internet Relay Chat. It also appears to reset the default start page for Internet Explorer.

This virus arrives as e-mail with the subject line "I Love You" and an attachment named "Love-Letter-For-You.txt.vbs." Opening the attachment infects your computer. The infection first scans your PC's memory for passwords, which are sent back to the virus's creator (a Web site in the Philippines which has since been shut down). The infection then replicates itself to everyone in your Outlook address book. Finally, the infection corrupts files ending with .vbs, .vbe, .js, .css, .wsh, .sct, .hta, .jpg, .jpeg, .mp2, .mp3 by overwriting them with a copy of itself.

You can get this bug in only one way. If you receive an email with an attachment with the name Love-Letter-For-You.txt.vbs and you execute it, by double clicking on the attachment, you will get infected. Don't execute it, just delete it and you will be fine.

How to keep from becoming
infected by this bug

Of course, first and foremost, never open any email attachment that you are uncertain of. That said, I strongly recommended that if you do not use Visual Basic scripting , (Most Don't) you should turn this option off. To do so:

# Click your start button
# Click on Settings
# Click on Control Panel
# Double-Click on the Add/Remove Programs icon
# Click on the Windows Setup tab
# Click on Accessories to obtain the details
# Uncheck Windows Scripting Host if it is checked
# Click "ok" to save any changes

Remember, the above will only protect you from the ILOVEYOU virus, and it's variants. Other viruses can still get to your computer.

Variations on the ILOVEYOU virus are already hitting the net. The only sure way to protect yourself from email viruses is, DON'T OPEN ATTACHMENTS even if sent by someone you know. See the links on the upper left of this page for more information.

If you think you are infected

By now all the anti-virus companies have updates for the ILOVEYOU bug and can detect if your computer is infected. Click Here for a list of many of the companies that produce virus diction and removal products.

If your computer is infected you can delete the following files from your infected system:

# MSKernel32.vbs in the Windows System directory
# Win32DLL.vbs in the Windows directory
# LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs in the Windows System
# WinFAT32.EXE in the Internet download directory
# script.ini in the mIRC directory

oxaxa BILIB KA NA BA SA PINOY??

hahahaha proudly Philippine Made I LOVE YOU VIRUS

BY ONEL DE GUZMAN

SOURCE : http://www.jrwhipple.com/virus_iloveyou.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/technoblaze07

THE I LOVE YOU VIRUS